Sunday, November 13, 2022

Tiburon


A Sentimental Journey: This small bay-side town in Marin County is probably one of the most expensive, and exclusive, cities to live in. The shoreline is the habitat for a variety of sea birds and marine invertebrates, and the well-maintained running/biking/walking paths have markers identifying the local flora an fauna.


Scare Goose: I believe this plastic wolf is meant to scare away the Canada geese that gave up their winter migration to stay in the gentle climates of the bay area. Geese are everywhere, and this plastic predictor probably helps to keep the soccer field free of goose poop. 


Playground Dedication: There are several play structures along the shoreside trail that starts at Blackie's Pasture. A number of tiles were set in the concrete retaining wall, some whimsical, while some in remembrance to children who never had the chance to use the swings or climb on the play structures.


Jogging Trail: When I was younger, I used to jog from Blackie's Pasture to "Downtown Tiburon", which was a four-mile round trip. Now I must be content to just walk where I used to run, remembering the feeling of the afternoon breeze on my skin and the view of San Francisco in the distance. I step gently to not disturb the memories of a younger Tom who made this run every Sunday afternoon, weather permitting. In the relative silence I can see myself in this young man, feeling that glow that comes with muscles being pushed a step closer to their limits. I have come to embrace the saying:

Don't cry because it ended. Smile because it happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment